The system being built supports more than one workflow.
Identify and implement one workflow. Users will start to use the system when performing this workflow. This pattern can sometimes be used together with the Partition the workflow or Product by product patterns.
- If the workflow that is developed first is relatively simple the MRP is reduced.
- Users have a clear rule for when they can use the system.
- A complex workflow will lead to a oversized MRP if this pattern is not combined with other patterns.
- If there are strong interdependencies between workflows this pattern risks adding complexity to the project
- An insurance system could implement the claims processing workflow first.