- Easier to download, parse and process the response from ConfigService.
- Easier to test the logic
- Easier to make the wrapper more sophisticated.
- Perhaps use ScheduledExecutorService to provide cron/schedule functionality instead of relaying on Task scheduler.
- Process management works, but not possible to manage services.
- JNA is considered "complex" and "ugly" by many developers.
- TODO Is it possible to install, uninstall, start and stop Windows services? See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9075098/start-windows-service-from-java
- An obscure scripting language.
- Difficult to write even simple logic and parsing.
- Need external tools like wget
- Natural to use Task scheduler instead of embedded scheduler.
- Difficult to test