A heartbeat is necessary to be able pro actively react when a service is not responding according to SLA
We want to keep track of the following:
- Does the service provide business value?
- Is the service functioning according to its SLA
- Where is a service-composition failing
- Monitor and understand which services are used, and how many times they are used.
- Understand which services are candidates for change orders
- if a service is unused, it does not provide value to its owners/users
- Locate services to be terminated
- A heartbeat is necessary to be able pro actively react when a service is not responding according to SLA
- This monitoring can will tell you which service(s) are not working
- A heartbeat is proof of SLA conformance/non-conformance
- [Question still to be asked..]