- Con: Categories is still experimental / inmature.
- Con: Asserts have parameters in the "wrong" order
- Pro: Use annotations and marker interfaces -> better refactoring support.
- Pro: JUnit is more popular (I think) than TestNG, so toolsupport may be better.
- Con: Designed for unit tests only. E.g. Kent Beck insists that there should be no dependency between tests. So not supported to run setup once for a group of tests.
- Pro: Has had groups for a very long time.
- Pro: JigZaw has been implemented using TestNG many times.
- Con: Use text strings for groups.
- Pro: Designed for more than unit tests.
- DataProvider functionality
- Explicit support for letting a group of tests depend on the same setup.