Work has been going on to prepare for this release the last half year, we are therefor happy to finally present it.
Release date: 22.08.2014
The vision for this release was to re-create and vastly improve the API of UIB in such a way that it allow for easier integration and better maintenance of users and applications.
User admin web app was also given a major upgrade.
- API re-factored, see the details of the UIB services (API)
- Application authentication early implementation
- Real applicationID, applicationName, orgName and roleNames throughout Whydah modukles
We rewrote the admin web app from scratch using Angular.js, in addition with the new API from UIB it is:
- Stable and more effective to work with
- More appealing look and feel
- Better protection towards finger trouble. I.e. list of available roles and organisations and prompt before deleting a role for a user.
- Better scalability in both number of users and number of roles per user.
- Bulk user password reset
- Bulk user add role
- Application administration, see highligh below
- Get a list of approved applications
- Refactored netiq implementation
- Refactored UIB security filter
- Using HTTP Status codes as request feedback
- Add and remove applications using the UserAdmin interface. (Scheduled for 2.1)
- Applications will be given an application id and an application secret. (Scheduled for 2.1)
- Add and remove Roles and Organizations for applications. (Scheduled for 2.1)
- UAS functionality still in UIB. (Scheduled for 2.1)