description of responsibility here
possibly a diagram of how service integrates with other services.
|One thing||HTTP (REST level 2)||not using hypermedia yet|
- Download 2.4.8 and unzip
- md mongodb-data
- md mongodb-log
- Create mongod.cfg:
- D:\SERVERS\mongodb-2.4.8\bin\mongod.exe --config D:\TomraPlus\mongodb-2.4.8\mongod.cfg --install
- net start MongoDB
Reference documentation: Install MongoDB on Windows
- Use standard installation script update-application.bat.
1. Service stores update metadata in a document database, MongoDB. Several backup strategies are supported. We suggest using Backup and Restore with Filesystem Snapshots to avoid shutting down the application to take backups.
2. Service stores some resources (files) on filesystem. The location of this file store is controlled by the property file.store.basedir in app.properties. It is not considered necessary to stop the application before backup.
- HTTP endpoints available
- JMS server available
- Destination activity (e.g. no or very slow consumers)
- Monitoring for MongoDB
- Disk space available for file store.
Source code: ssh://something.git
- Jersey 2.x (REST endpoints)
- Jackson for JSON parsing
- Embedded Jetty 9 (necessary to use web.xml)
- Spring DI
- MongoDB - Document oriented database for persistence.
- Mature, schema-less, well-documented, good backup options, support simple queries
- Spring Data MongoDB to simplify integration with MongoDB
- Spring JMS